Female Yemen nationals: WASH Officer (NO-1)
How can you make a difference?
The WASH Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process, through the application of theoretical and practical technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting programme information while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures to support the development, implementation and monitoring of the WASH output results of the Country Programme by performing the following key activities:
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in one of the following fields is required: Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in WASH Humanitarian Action is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
* Please see attachment for more information.