ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures*.*
· ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
· ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
· ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
· The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Under the supervision of the WASH project manager, the Hygiene Promotion Officer participates in hygiene campaigns, door-to-door hygiene promotion. S/he prepares written material, clear, and adapted messages for the beneficiaries in Jarablus camps. S/he distributes hygiene items and is able to prepare hygiene promotion plans. The Hygiene Promotion Officer may support other WASH activities as well.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH project manager
Responsible for: Outreach workers
Internal: WASH team in Jarablus camps
External: IDPs in Jarablus camps
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan and conduct assessments (surveys) on WASH and hygiene among targeted camps.
· Collate data, analyse and report findings, developing an action plan to address key identified issues.
· Conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within the camps, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, Camps-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders.
· Manage and conduct house/shelter unit visiting to assess, inform and motivate families to improve hygiene and living conditions when required.
· Promote hygiene education through a variety of means, such as information sharing, dissemination, and communication materials.
· Provide support to the distribution of hygiene items, and conduct monitoring and follow up to ensure proper usage of items and appropriateness.
· Maintain full qualitative and quantitative records and reports of activities, disaggregated by age, gender and diversity where appropriate.
· Provide regular written and verbal reports to Program managers upon request.
· On a daily basis, the Hygiene Promotion Officer reports directly to the WASH Project Manager, and supervises the daily activities of the Hygiene Monitors.
· Develop contacts with community leaders and key stakeholders to explain and promote the organisation and projects.
· Prepare weekly activity plans for the hygiene promotion team in his/her designated area, targeting IDP camps and public facilities with HP activities.
· Prepare Order Forms (OFs) for all IEC materials and equipment needed to conduct the planned hygiene promotion sessions and activities.
· Keep tracking the camps sanitary satiation/WASH services and keep open communication channels with WASH team to provide updates on the situation.
· Participate in designing suitable IEC materials that address the needed topics and presented in culturally sensitive manner.
· Participate in conducting hygiene promotion capacity building trainings to hygiene promoters / WASH monitors and outreach workers.
· University degree. Public HeaLth, Social sciences, Education or related Fields.
· Minimum 3 years working in Humanitarian Organization in Hygiene promotion sector or any relevant sector.
· Experience and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
· Good understanding of SPHERE standards and environment protection considerations.
· Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· Gender Sensitive
· Fully computer literate: Microsoft Office, especially Excel
· Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills are preferred.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.