ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures*.*
· ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
· ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
· ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
· The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Under the supervision of the Hygiene promotion officer, The Outreach worker is responsible to engage and support communities/beneficiaries to address their WASH needs in Jarablus camps and performs Hygiene promotion activities to IDPs in Jarablus area according to standardized ACTED’s rules, and as a part of WASH team in Jarablus area.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Hygiene promotion officer
- WASH team in Jarablus camps
- IDPs in Jarablus camps
Duties and Responsibilities
· Gather data, contribute in surveys and help in providing feedback findings to stakeholders and the community.
· Record data on routine activities, WASH conditions, and forward it to the team leader/ Hygiene promotion officer.
· Help identify key WASH needs to be addressed in coordination with WASH team in Jarablus and after engaging the proposed beneficiaries/communities.
· Help identify key hygiene practices to be addressed and help to plan and carry out appropriate activities to promote safe practices.
· Supporting face-to-face, phone, and printed communications with beneficiaries.
· Assist in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites.
· Build strong relations with targeted stakeholders (beneficiaries, local authorities, and local leaders.)
· Contribute in facilitation, invitation and conducting hygiene promotion sessions within the targeted camps.
· Encourage the participation of community members throughout hygiene promotion activities.
· Contribute in the in-kind distribution campaigns initially in the assessment and later in the distribution site.
· Report the hygiene promotion activities outcomes to the supervisor and share required information with ACTED field Monitors.
· Complying to ACTED polices (for example but not limited : ACTED’s Code of Conduct & ACTED’s Child Protection Policy , ACTED’s Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Policy) completely
· Doing and performing all the duties and tasks according to instructions provided by the line manager and according to ACTED’s polices.
· At least High school diploma/certificate.
· Fluent Arabic (written and spoken).
· An acceptable level in English (written and spoken).
· Excellent writing and communication skills;
· Previous experience (at least one year) in data collection and data entry (using KOBO toolbox), conducting interviews, and awareness sessions.
· Good organisational and prioritisation skills
· An acceptable knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Publisher.
· Strong interpersonal & analytical skills.
· Physical ability to do the requested tasks and duties.
Ability on communicating with and responding to IDPs in the camps.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.