Auto req ID: 249547BR
At PepsiCo, people from different backgrounds and experiences eagerly roll up their sleeves, pitch in and get to work. We share a desire to succeed, and to win! We get great satisfaction knowing that our ideas are not only championed, but they are acted upon and brought to life. Our commitment to creating the best consumer products begins with our people.
• Support the APAC businesses by managing regulatory and consumer/reputational risks related to critical environmental policy issues.
• Promote PepsiCo Positive and help strengthen PepsiCo’s reputation as a leader in the area of sustainability and maintain that leadership position over time.
• Within the Global Public Policy function, lead packaging regulation advocacy in APAC, supporting the work of Government Affairs and business colleagues in the markets and help PepsiCo achieve its sustainable packaging vision and goals.
• Represent the company before public officials/regulators and in external forums on critical packaging issues for the food and beverage industry. Participate in industry coalitions, negotiate industry positions/policies and help build consensus consistent with PepsiCo’s global corporate view.
• Use PepsiCo’s packaging initiatives and global network of partnerships/associations to help drive sustainable solutions at the market level and leverage external memberships and forums to gauge industry action and identify best practices to inform company strategy.
• Maintain strong interaction and internal coordination with the Global Public Policy team as well as relevant Subject Matter Experts at both local and global levels, including Communications, Sustainability, Operations, Procurement and Legal functions, reviewing and prioritizing issues, setting strategies and devising action plans to address packaging policy issues.
• With respect to critical sustainability policy matters such as agricultural supply chain standards, climate change policy, and water governance, identify emerging trends within APAC. Work with Global Public Policy, Finance, Strategy, Sustainability and other departments to help evaluate how they impact the company, recommend specific mitigation plans in key markets, and guide and support execution of these mitigation plans, identifying service providers, NGO partners, and other stakeholders.
• Represent the Corporate Affairs function on the APAC Sustainability Team and help enable the delivery of PepsiCo Positive external commitments.
• Strong knowledge of packaging issues, specifically as they relate to regulatory policy trends and developments, including an understanding of and ability to speak on leading approaches to packaging regulation.
• Must have 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience in a company, trade association and/or consulting/research group. Must have some experience with governments and how they operate and knowledge of the policy-making process.
• Must be willing to travel internationally and operate in different countries.
• Strong leadership skills to set and drive an agenda, including ability to prioritize a range of complex issues and adapt quickly.
• Ability to build relationships, manage collaboration, and develop and manage coalitions.
• Strong negotiation skills to manage external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate (written and oral) on critical issues with senior management, policymakers and leading NGOs, including writing ability to develop policies and frame issues.
• Must have ability to work independently and efficiently with little supervision.
• Willingness to learn and expand into key public policy areas. Knowledge of leading food and beverage policy issues a plus.
• Master’s degree in public policy or environmental policy or equivalent preferred.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular