Multiple locations in North America – Please specify your location preference in your application/cover letter.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
We invite you to bring your professionalism and energy into play as you contribute to innovative and high quality design solutions. To succeed in this role you must have the water engineering fundamental requirements and a teamwork mentality. Are you our new Water Engineer/Scientist? Click the apply-button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Water Department
As our new team member you will be part of a group dedicated to working with municipalities, utilities, and industrial clients and deliver a wide range of water-related counselling; from early phase strategic analyses and project scoping to designing and implementing infrastructure solutions.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare basic designs and perform calculations in support of projects of routine to average complexity, following design, construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Analyses survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, geologic data and other data to plan projects of routine to average complexity. Make deductions from analyses as required to create design deliverables for review by a senior engineer.
- Review work of others for conformance to Ramboll and Owner requirements.
- Gather and records information to be used for writing specifications.
- Review vendor drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Prepare or present routine technical reports.
- Visit job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills.
- Other duties may apply.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical, or environmental engineering or engineering technology; or
- An Associate Degree in engineering technology, science, math, architecture, computing, technical drafting, or other relevant technical curriculum and 3+ years of qualifying engineering experience working in the engineering/design field.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, and proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Consistently utilize sound judgment and discretion in performance of job functions. Participate actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite. Adhere to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm’s Quality Management System. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Work effectively in teams. Willingness to continue to improve.
Welcome to our Water division
At Ramboll, a global team of bright water consultants support the development of sustainable societies, working with water projects on a global scale. We assist our clients on their most challenging water management issues, delivering solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. Our main service areas cover Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Water Resource Management and Water & Wastewater Networks.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your resume, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!