Department for Environment and Water
Job reference: 454064
Location: 5280 – MILLICENT
Job status: Ongoing
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
The Senior Technical Officer is responsible for monitoring flows in the 2,500km South East Drainage Network on behalf of the South Eastern Water Conservation and Drainage Board. The position works closely with the Field Officer to maintain a network of hydrometric gauging stations, undertakes flow gaugings and advises on the management of flows to aid in minimising flood damage and meeting the environmental flow requirements of a vast array of wetlands in the region. The Senior Technical Officer will work within a small and dedicated team to operate flow control weirs and regulators, and be responsible for the development of procedures and principles for flow management operations.
This position will suit someone with skills and experience in flow gauging, who understands the importance of maintaining accurate flow and hydrological data and has experience in working around water, in a variety of weather conditions.
Contract to: This is a full time ongoing position.
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties
- Current class “C” driver’s licence, willingness, and ability to safely operate a 4WD is essential
- Demonstrates ability to work alone and be self-reliant
- A current First Aid Certificate is essential
- May require some intra/interstate travel, overnight absences and out-of-hours work
- Boat license and Coxswain certificate (desirable)
- Located in Millicent
- A tertiary qualification in Natural Resources, Hydrography or equivalent.
TGO3 $79,293 min p.a. to $83,7145 max p.a.
Manager, Drainage Operations
08 8730 3508
Submit a CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience (including qualifications) outlined in the Role Description.
Applications close: 29/09/2021 11:45 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.