|Duration||3 Years (September2021-Augut 2024)|
|Work Location||District Karauli , Rajasthan|
|Qualification||Post Graduate in Social Work/ Sociology etc.|
|Experience||Minimum 3 years field experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)|
Water Aid India strategy 2019-2025 aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by demonstrating an integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions – safe and assured piped water supply at a household level, safely managed and inclusive sanitation and hygiene behaviours in Gram Panchayats and small towns in the six core and five strategic states of India and Rajasthan is one of its strategic states. Accordingly, the aspirational district Karauli of Rajasthan was identified to provide ‘Technical support to district for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0’ with NSEF support. Identification of district Karauli was based on a composite index of key development data sets that included deprivation enumerated under the Socio-Economic Caste Census, key health and education sector performance and state of basic infrastructure. The identified district is backward in such indicators. WAI launched the NSEF supported project in district Karauli of Rajasthan to primarily reach the most marginalised population who are left behind and have nil or poor access to WASH services, and in general the project will impact the district entirely through capacity building and replication of approaches. Providing solutions to district administration and state government on pathways to achieve SDG Goal 6.
Scope of Work
- Develop, mobilize and supervise cadre to undertake participatory vulnerability assessment of selected GPs; assessment of water sources and sanitary risks; assessment of last mile gaps in Sanitation – household survey; WASH Infrastructure assessment in Schools, Anganwadi and Health centres; assessment of Rural FSM status.
- Building community level leadership on water and sanitation by training women and youth collectives, PRI, VWSC members on JJM, water security and water quality; Orientation of VWSC members on VAP, its process, develop community cadre of water mechanic for O&M of PWS schemes in villages, Organizing Jal Choupals at village / panchayat level on Water issues, develop panchayat level system for regular water quality testing; Mobilising women to actively participate in gram sabha on drinking water issues; Handholding of PRIs, VWCSs, Community Collectives on WASH issues;
- Provide Support in development of model of Rainwater harvesting, Ground water recharge, Solid waste Management 2 Gram Panchayats per District; Greywater Management in selected GPs.
- Provide Support to develop adequate and appropriate WASH facilities in Schools, Anganwadi and Health Care Centers.
- Strengthening local governance system for drinking water supply and sanitation- Capacity building of panchayat on water security and quality aspects; Support in establishing Panchayat level system for regular water quality testing; Support in integration of budgets for water security and water quality in GPDP; Strengthening processes and tools on water quality monitoring.
- Provide handholding and technical support to panchayats in developing SBM plans; Organize training of Panchayat Representatives and VWSC members on technical aspects of Rural FSM and Liquid waste management; Training of District SBM staff on technical aspects of rural FSM and liquid waste management; Capacity building of Implementation Support Agencies (ISAs) on JJM implementation; Training of Village Water and Sanitaiton Committees (VWSC) on Village Action Plan
- Provide technical support for implementation of SBM 2.0 at District level
- Priorities at GP level to inform planning for saturation of WASH facilities and services and there after mobilizing community on WASH behavior change.
- Work together with Block and GP level officials / staff / volunteers / frontline workers /PRIs /GP level Committee members/SHGs/ Community to achieve goals of Sanitation components of WASH in GPs
- Focus on behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication and Village/ WARD ODF Sustainability.
- WASH gaps-identification of spots with liquid waste, dysfunctional hand pumps, dysfunctional toilets, Non IHHL HHs and other WASH concerns and priorities at GP level to inform planning for saturation of WASH facilities and services in GPs.
- Focus on behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication on WASH.
- Complete assigned tasks as and when required.
To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered. Please mention in subject line “Project Officer/Cluster Coordinator”. Completed applications should be sent to [email protected] . Closing date: 27th September 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
|Job Email id:||waindiahr(at)wateraid.org|
|Download Attachment:||JSCF Application Form.doc|