About the job
Do you enjoy engaging readers and helping them research and solve business problems through the content you write? Does your writing background focus on technical subject matter? If so, then a career as a Content Writer with Water Online may be for you.
Water Online focuses on the treatment and handling of drinking water, wastewater and storm water, both in municipal and industrial settings. We create content and publish it across a variety of media products to help environmental engineers, water and wastewater treatment plant operators, utility managers and industrial plant managers more efficiently source, monitor, move and disinfect one of our world’s scarcest resources.
In this role you’ll need to quickly learn how to expand and leverage your understanding of the business challenges and needs of this industrial market. With that knowledge you’ll be able to create engaging content that promotes and addresses the needs, interests, and pain points of our audience.
To succeed, you’ll interview executives and subject matter experts to write technical documents such as white papers, case studies, feature articles and executive Q&As. In addition, you’ll develop relationships with key industry executives and subject matter experts, and work alongside our product leaders to help shape and improve our media product portfolio.
Visit www.wateronline.com to learn more about our market and the type of content we produce.
Candidates must possess the following in order to be considered for the position:
- At least five or more years professional experience; strong preference given to those candidates with business writing experience and experience creating original content
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience hitting deadlines and using effective time management skills to juggle priorities
- High attention to detail
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Relevant experience in the environmental science or water/wastewater fields
- Four or more years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or writing
- Working knowledge of HTML and Photoshop
- Experience working with web content management systems
- Willingness or experience teaming up with sales to understand the needs of both readers and advertisers alike
- A history of working in a highly structured environment
Performing in a challenging technical writing role sound good so far? There’s more. Water Online offers a generous base salary along with these benefits:
- Paid overtime
- Competitive medical/prescription/vision/dental coverage for you and your family
- 100% company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- A HSA (health savings account) with company match for those who enroll in qualified plans
- 21 paid days off from your first day of employment
- 13 company-paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Casual dress
- Flexible scheduling
Click the link below to apply today!