Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
San Francisco, CA
ICF is currently seeking a Geographical Information Systems Analyst to be based in the San Francisco, CA office
As aGIS Analyst you will be responsible for providing GIS technical services for a wide variety of client projects in the areas of natural resource conservation, water resources, land use and transportation planning, and environmental impact assessment.
- Bachelors degree in Geography, GIS, environmental sciences, or a related field
- 1-3 years of practical experience working in the GIS field (coursework and/or degree may be substituted for experience)
- Hands-on operational experience of ESRI GIS software, including ArcGIS 10.3, Spatial Analyst and Model Builder
- Ability to correctly generate and provide calculations on geospatial and tabular data
- Detail oriented with the ability to produce quality maps while maintaining efficiency
- Experience georeferencing and digitizing data and converting CAD data to GIS
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word); comfort working with pivot tables and using vlookup functions
- Experience with Data Driven Pages
- Basic understanding of ArcPy and the ability to manipulate already written scripts for use in automating analysis and figure production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide client services
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Collector for iPad
- Experience with Trimble GPS units and GPS Pathfinder
- Experience in environmental consulting industry
- Familiarity with open source platforms such as Carto, Mapbox, and Leaflet
- Familiarity with QGIS
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)