Role Title: Internships
Hourly rate: £10 per hour
If you are interested in a career within the Environmental Sector, then the chances are you have heard of us. We are extremely proud of what we do – we help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data. What sets us apart is our people. As part of an internship you will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. In a recent survey 93% of employees felt that collectively, everybody was committed to producing quality work. Our values include innovation, integrity, passion and respect and our employees demonstrate these every day.
We are offering a limited number of internships from early 2021.
Above all we are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is not only passionate about the environment, but also understands the importance how we manage water in the UK in the context of environmental regulatory and legislative requirements. As part of this role you would need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to come up with good solutions to data issues
- Ability to think laterally and be prepared to suggest new approaches to complex issues
- Confident and able to communicate with peers and managers
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working (able to adapt to different tasks)
- Attention to detail and excellent written skill
- A strong analytical approach (e.g. statistical analysis and graphical depiction of trends and interpretation)
- Interested in field work and report writing
- Any previous relevant work or voluntary experience
- Clean driving license.
We would love to hear from you if you have: Graduate (2.1 or above) or preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant field e.g. Water quality; Catchment management; Physical geography; Ecology; Environmental GIS; EIA; Hydrology (surface/groundwater) or Environmental management.
We would also expect you to demonstrate at least one of the following capabilities:
- An understanding of the importance of sustainable resources (e.g. Natural capital)
- Experience with QGIS in the context of water and environmental decision making
- Environmental monitoring and modelling (ecology, hydrology and morphology)
- A strong understanding of the importance of linking ecology, hydrology and morphology
- Environmental Assessment analysis related to quality trends
- Linking of catchment management to support water quality and quantity trends
- Wetlands/river restoration
- Flood risk analysis and assessment in the context of environment assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment in the context of water and ecology
What we offer
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. This role is for an internship but we have a strong track record of taking on interns full time where they demonstrate they skills, talent and enthusiasm required for working in a consultancy. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Our internships always attract very large numbers of applications, so please spend the time to demonstrate why we should offer you an internship. Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require any support with your application, please contact [email protected]