- Aboriginal targeted opportunity
- Lead the development and delivery of water infrastructure projects that will be in the landscape for the next 100 years
- Hybrid office and WFH model (office location is negotiable). Projects are based in regional NSW and travel to sites will be required
- 4 year fixed-term contract, Clerk Grade 11/12 salary starting from $131K to $151K + super + flex leave
This is a targeted role under GSE Rule 26 and Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is currently seeking multiple Project Managers to join Water Infrastructure NSW in a 4 year fixed-term contract.
About the role
As the Project Manager, you are responsible for leading the day-to-day project management and delivery of large, complex and high value ($50m+) water infrastructure projects in NSW. You will ensure the projects are developed in line with government, customer, sustainability and community objectives as well as ensuring project deliverables and milestones are met within required timeframes and budgets. You will also be responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of the projects, project reporting and managing stakeholder expectations.
The projects are challenging and at the centre of an expanding portfolio of water sector infrastructure in regional NSW. You will lead a core project delivery team of delivery/engineering professionals to meet the project objectives. In addition, you will be part of a high performing management team to deliver the high-profile projects. The role is fast-paced and challenging, with the genuine ability to make your mark and deliver outcomes for regional NSW.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction or Project Management or equivalent experience (essential requirement)
- Significant experience in project management across major infrastructure projects and/or capital works programs.
- Experience in all stages of a complex infrastructure project life cycle, including project development, business case development, environmental approvals, procurement, delivery and completion processes and handover to operations.
- A proven collaborative leader and team builder.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with industry partners on complex infrastructure projects.
Water Infrastructure NSW was established in 2020 within the Department of Planning Industry and Environment (DPIE) as part of a suite of water sector reforms. Its primary purpose is to build NSW Government capability to develop and deliver major water infrastructure projects across NSW. Water Infrastructure NSW is rapidly building its capacity and capability to deliver all the necessary functions to support its purpose, with a focus on supporting the needs of project teams across planning and construction activities to build momentum in the delivery program.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter (no more than two pages) that outlines their skills and experience relevant to the role.
For further information, please contact Matthew Dwyer via email at [email protected]
Applications close on 28 September 2021, at 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.