- Aboriginal targeted opportunity
- Lead the development and delivery of water infrastructure projects that will be in the landscape for the next 100 years
- Hybrid office and WFH model (office location is negotiable). Projects are based in regional NSW and travel to sites will be required
- Clerk Grade 9/10 salary starting from $113K to $124K + super + flex leave
This is a targeted role under GSE Rule 26 and Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
About the role
Our Water Infrastructure team within the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment are seeking multiple Senior Project Engineers (known as Senior Project Officers internally) to assist with the delivery of large, complex and high value (50m+) water infrastructure projects in NSW.
In this role you will manage and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of complex infrastructure projects. Key aspects of this include managing budgets, developing project scopes and designs, project plans and the coordination of resources. You will also manage a project team to ensure compliance, milestones and outcomes are met.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer/Officer who is passionate about delivering quality outcomes within the space of Water Infrastructure to the people of NSW. These projects are challenging and at the centre of an expanding portfolio of water sector infrastructure in regional NSW. You will have the genuine ability to make your mark and deliver outcomes for regional NSW.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience achieving project deadlines and milestones within budget, on time and to a high-quality standard.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with the ability to consult with a wide range of stakeholders, contractors and industry partners.
- Experience in all stages of a complex infrastructure project life cycle, including project development, business case development, environmental approvals, procurement, delivery and completion processes and handover to operations.
- Significant experience in project management across major infrastructure projects and/or capital works programs.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or equivalent will be highly regarded.
Water Infrastructure NSW was established in 2020 within the Department of Planning Industry and Environment (DPIE) as part of a suite of water sector reforms. Its primary purpose is to build NSW Government capability to develop and deliver major water infrastructure projects across NSW. Water Infrastructure NSW is rapidly building its capacity and capability to deliver all the necessary functions to support its purpose, with a focus on supporting the needs of project teams across planning and construction activities to build momentum in the delivery program.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter (no more than two pages) that outlines their skills and experience relevant to the role.
For further information, please contact Matthew Dwyer, Talent Acquisition Specialist via [email protected]
Applications close 28 September 2021, at 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.