It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid Nepal is looking for a committed person who is an empathetic and empowering leader to champion WASH as the Head of Programmes, playing a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene essential foundations for healthy and dignified lives. This is an exciting time to join WaterAid as we embark on an inspiring and promising journey to develop our strategy for the upcoming strategy period. As a key member of the senior Country Management Team, the Head of Programmes will play an integral part in shaping WaterAid Nepal’s strategy and enhancing organizational effectiveness.
Working within the Programmes team, the Head of Programmes will
- Enable and motivate the Programme Team to lead effective and cohesive implementation of WaterAid’s work through a programmatic approach that combines programme, learning, research and advocacy activities in collaborative partnership with a diverse range of partners and organisations.
- Ensure the quality of programme design, delivery, oversee related grant management and foster collective initiatives working in close collaboration with Policy Team and other departments of WaterAid Nepal.
- Have a primary responsibility to advice on strategy development of WaterAid Nepal, lead programme design and delivery, proactively support fundraising and continuously seek to strengthen its overall performance, developing and reviewing organisational policies that will bring about the transformational changes necessary to achieve sustainable WASH services for all.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Masters in WASH, engineering, social sciences or relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in similar role
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali language. High level proficiency in spoken and written English, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Proven experience of designing and leading influencing strategies that have impacts on the lives of the people of Nepal
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to fill up an online application form available on www.p2p.com.np and submit (i) Application letter (ii) Recent Curriculum Vitae no later than 28 September 2021
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nepal.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.