ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Water Services Department is seeking a Water Resource Specialist to participate in the development, design and implementation of the Department’s water conservation programs. The Water Resource Specialist is assigned to operate specific educational, technical or regulatory programs, and/or to conduct research and statistical analysis to determine effectiveness of selected water conservation measures. This position will interact with internal Divisions, other City Departments, and external representatives. This position reports to the Conservation Coordinator, who supervises the Department’s water conservation functions.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
$24.89 (minimum) – $37.87 (maximum) hourly / $51,771- $78,770 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit:
- Two years of professional experience in resource management or planning.
- A bachelor’s degree in resource management, hydrology, geology, geography, or a related field.
- This classification requires the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Understanding of water resource management, water rights and regulatory requirements of water conservation in Arizona.
- Municipal experience implementing and managing water conservation programs.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Knowledge of current practices, techniques and objectives of water conservation and demand management programs.
Recruitment closes September 20, 2021. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document , your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary e-mail address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix .
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- Request assistance applying for this job by contacting our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Water Resource Specialist: 51380, ID# 41625, 09/05/2021, 6 mos., KH, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.