Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: Nutrition, Food, Security and Livelihood, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster Risk Reduction Management, Advocacy and Good Governance.
As part of the Action Against Hunger-Philippines WASH operational areas, the WASH Engineer will be in charge of all technical activities related to construction and will ensure the efficient and smooth implementation of the WASH projects in Action Against Hunger targeted areas.
- Supervise all WASH related construction activities at field level.
- Ensuring the quality of work at field level.
- Monitor field work according to BOQs and drawings.
- Supervisions of skilled and unskilled labour and ensure work as per international working hours and timely labour payments.
- General support of Action Against Hunger objective and initiative.
- At least two years of practical experience in water and sanitation projects with I/NGOs - Excellent knowledge of water supply & Construction or other certification in WASH infrastructure and experience - Good understanding of low cost and environment friendly sanitation - Good experience of conflict management at field level - Have good understanding in working at an I/NGO atmosphere - Knowledge of English or local dialect - Have good understanding of technical drawings
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
How to apply:
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should send in a single file the following:
- updated CV and letter of motivation
- salary expectations, availability
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department
For the final job offer, it will be necessary to present all the professional experience certificates.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among female and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.