DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Liberia County Sanitation Activity. The project will seek to increase access to basic sanitation and eliminate open defecation in five counties of Liberia (Montserrado, Nimba, Lofa, Bong, and Grand Bassa).
The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the program – ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors – to achieve the desired results. This position will lead program strategic planning and decision making and will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients. The COP will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners and other stakeholders. This position will ensure full compliance with all USAID, DevWorks, and other fiduciary regulations and will oversee the project reporting process in line with donor requirements. The COP will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in designing and implementing sanitation, hygiene and/or water delivery projects.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in developing countries, preferably in Liberia or West Africa
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience as Chief of Party, Team Leader, Project Director or equivalent position of donor-funded technical assistance teams for projects of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Understanding of and background in private sector service delivery approaches, governance and capacity building
- Previous experience in and ability to work in post-conflict and insecure operating environments
- Master’s degree or higher in Water Resources Management, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Business, International Development, Public Policy or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible supervisory positions, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for doing their jobs.
- Fluency in English required
For immediate consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Chief of Party – Liberia County Sanitation Activity” on the subject line.