F10 Géophysique – Ingénieur·e
Intitulé du poste
Post-doc geophysicist specializing in environment and hydrogeophysics H/F
Temps de travail
Durée du contrat
Description de la mission
National geological service, the BRGM is the benchmark public establishment in earth science applications for managing soil and subsoil resources and risks (www.brgm.fr). Its action is oriented towards scientific research, support for public policies and international cooperation.
Within the Geophysical Imaging and Remote Sensing Unit for the Development of the Risk and Prevention Department (DRP / IGT), you will participate in research activities in geophysics applied to the environment and hydrogeophysics within the framework of projects in Classes.
As part of your Post-Doc, you will be responsible for:
• Participate in innovation on geophysical methods for:
o the characterization of soil and water polluted by organic or metallic contaminants,
o the deployment of monitoring techniques for the remediation process in the unstaurated zone.
• Develop multi-scale petrophysical models on the behavior of geophysical properties in the presence of contaminants and for the study of the unsaturated zone, in particular using the PRIME and O-ZNS platforms piloted by the BRGM, the University of Orleans and the CNRS (https://www.brgm.fr/fr/laboratoire-plateforme-technologique/prime-laboratoire-essais-novateur-depollution-sols-eaux)
• Participate in the development of multi-physical data inversion tools based on petrophysical models in order to characterize the physical properties of soils.
• Contribute to field campaigns: interpret and use the measurements and results acquired from geophysical studies,
• Participate in setting up collaborative research programs.
• Contribute to scientific promotion, communicate in particular through international publications and participate in the scientific influence of the establishment,
You hold a Doctorate in Geophysics of less than 5 years oriented towards the environment and have research experience in the field of geophysics applied to the environment and / or hydrogeophysics attested by publications of rank A.
You will mobilize the following skills and qualities:
• Good knowledge of geophysical methods (electrical / electromagnetic, polarization caused by magnetism, RMP, gravimetry, seismic),
• Extensive culture in soil geochemistry and contaminated water, as well as in hydrogeology.
• Ability to conduct laboratory experiments on scale models,
• Analysis and numerical programming (mastery of one or more of the following computer languages: Matlab, Python, C, C ++, Fortran, COMSOL) and parallel computation,
• Active for promotion and innovation,
• Ability to listen and respond in a partnership framework,
• Good ability to work in a team,
• Appetite for field missions
• Good analytical skills, proven editorial production skills,
• Autonomy, rigor, initiative, solidarity and excellent sense of organization,
• Fluency in oral and written English (eg TOEIC + 860).
Spécificité du poste
This full-time position involves travel, including medium to long-term field missions in France and abroad (generally 1 to 3 weeks).
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
Please send your application in French or English (updated CV and cover letter) until 28/09/2021.
Localisation du poste
France, Centre-Val de Loire, Loiret (45)