Senior Water Resources Modelling Specialist
Ausenco is a global leader in consulting, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors. Ausenco integrates a broad spectrum of disciplines and professionals in order to provide independent and impartial services throughout the life cycle of the project.
Environmental impact and sustainability are key factors in the resources sectors. At Ausenco, we create engineering solutions that provide sustainable development throughout the life cycle of a project. Our professional strengths in geotechnical, civil, hydrological, hydrogeological and environmental engineering allow us to provide practical solutions that satisfy the sustainability strategies of our clients.
To strengthen its Environment & Sustainability division, Ausenco is seeking a Senior Water Resources Modeling to lead studies. The role would suit a an experienced and highly regarded professional consultant who has previously advised clients in the natural resources sector and has a comprehensive knowledge of the mining sector.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- Perform underground and surface water modeling for various proposed projects.
- Lead works with the requestor to develop/confirm model assumptions and desired model output.
- Analyze model outputs and present recommendations based on those outputs (i.e. technical memos, reports, etc.).
- Maintain and update models so that they can represent current/planned water supply facilities, operations, and demands.
- Create and maintain documentation of all models.
Experience And Qualifications
- Hydraulic Engineer, Hydrogeologist, or similar
- Proven experience in business development in the mining industry in Chile.
- Advance experience in GoldSim, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, VISUAL MODFLOW, Groundwater Vistas, FEFLOW,SEEP/W e HYDRUS 1D.
- At least 10 years of experience supporting mining projects and operations in Chile, with at least 5 years of recent experience offering consulting services.
- Skills and knowledge of Project Management with proven experience in management of
- Demonstrated track record of risk, financial and budget management.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to solve problems.
- A team worker who thrives in an open and collaborative environment
- English (advanced oral and written)
As a member of our team we will encourage you to accept challenges and discover innovative solutions for each project. For this, you will receive competitive compensation and the opportunity to pursue your professional career. If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application on this posting. We thank you for your interest in Ausenco and will contact you if your profile fits with the role.