eWater and the Australian Water Partnership (AWP) is seeking a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill the role of AWP Program Coordinator. If you believe you are the right fit for this role, please submit your application by COB Friday 24 September.
eWater (ewater.org.au) is a not-for-profit company owned by Australia’s State, Territory and Federal governments, promoting ecologically and economically sustainable water management. The Australian Water Partnership (AWP) division assists developing countries in the Indo-Pacific region work towards the sustainable management of their water resources, actively supporting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (www.waterpartnership.org.au).
eWater is based in Canberra, operating with dedicated divisional teams of water scientists, engineers, software developers, project officers and supporting staff. eWater is committed to being an employer of choice, creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place.
About the role:
The AWP Program Coordinator will work within the Australian Water Partnership (AWP) division. They will manage the Core Grant and support the delivery of the AWP program through AWP partners in South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
The role is suited to an experienced self-starter with strong awareness of the international development policy and operating context who can support multiple activities with minimal supervision. Appointment will be on a full time, fixed 20-month term (up to 30 June 2023), with possible extension.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Degree qualification and/or relevant combination of experience and education/training in international development or water resources management.
- Demonstrated ability in program management and administration.
- Significant demonstrated career experience in devising and delivering administrative/program support services.
- Knowledge of grant management requirements of DFAT and/or other international development partners.
- Knowledge and/or experience in program and project management.
- Knowledge and/or experience in water management projects in developing countries.
- Experience in using project management software as a management and reporting tool.
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external colleagues and clients.
- Experience with policy development and the practical implementation of policy and programming measures.
- High quality written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in relationships management and building productive professional networks.
- Ability to develop practical solutions using a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to the implementation of equity and workplace health and safety principles.
- A high level of motivation, initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to effectively solve problems both independently and within both team and multi-stakeholder environments.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in the international development sector, and/or working in cross-cultural situations
- Knowledge of water policy and water security issues in the Indo-Pacifric region.
- Knowledge of the Australian water sector
- Language skills applicable to countries in the Mekong region
This role is ready to go immediately. Applications should be submitted via Seek by COB Friday 24 September.
The position is only open to Australian citizens or people with working rights that fulfil the role requirements.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in the following week for preliminary interviews on Friday 1 October. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
For any questions please email [email protected]