- Partner, support and provide technical advice for water utilities clients
- Permanent full-time opportunity, Orange location with some flexibility
- Clerk Grade 7/8 with salary relative to experience, starting from $99,431.00 + super
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is seeking an experienced and committed Water and Sewage Treatment Officer to support the fantastic work being done by DPIE Water. In this role you will undertake inspections, monitor and report to improve water and sewage services in eligible Aboriginal communities.
The Water and Sewage Treatment Officer provides technical advice to Local Water Utility and allied systems on a wide range of issues including operational problems and improvements, safety, emergencies, commissioning of new treatment works, drinking water management systems, trade waste, reuse, infrastructure proposals to assist best practice in the operation and maintenance of the water supply and sewage systems.
This is a great opportunity to provide technical advice to a broad audience to promote best practice in the operation and maintenance of the water supply and sewage systems and be a key contributor to the delivery of safe and secure water and services for the people of NSW.
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of water supply, sewage and trade waste systems, with knowledge of auditing methods, inspection and reporting of water and sewage treatment works.
- Knowledge of liquid trade waste management systems
- Sound understanding of environmental legislation and regulations and environmental management of water supply and sewage systems.
- Knowledge of sampling and analytical methods including laboratory and in-situ testing with experience using portable water and sewage samplers.
Treatment Officer may be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days to advise and assist with water supply and sewage emergencies.
For more information read the full Role Description: Water and Sewage Treatment Officer
For more information hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Wednesday 22 September 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Brendan Miller via [email protected] or on 0437 426 482.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.