|Job title||VAC-6316 Field Supervisor – Geneina|
|Duration||0 year 1 month|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s in Water, Statistics, Economy, Social Science or any related field is required. Holder of an MSc Degree is desired (Essential).|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Data Collection experience(Essential).|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 year/s of experience in Africa (Essential).|
|Languages||fluent in English (Essential).|
fluent in Arabic (Essential).
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- The Water for Darfur Project (W4D) project is being implemented by our client in partnership with UNICEF with funding by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- In order to implement the works, our client is conducting a household survey to establish a baseline & also provide data for the master planning water market assessment.
- The survey will be designed & managed by an International Expert as well as the Project Manager.
- There is a need for field supervision of enumerators in order to have high quality & reliable data.
- Supervise the Enumerators in the field & ensure all teams are working every day & follow teams on ground.
- S / He will resolve any issues with full coordination with our clients P.E. & M&E.
- S / He will monitor Enumerators to ensure correct information is being gathered & that residents are treated courteously.
- Field Supervisors will randomly check interviewers & accompany them on some interviews.
- S / He will report at end of every day about the progress & data collected.
- S / He will check the entry by mobile web & first verification in coordination with the M&E to check the quality, errors & provide on site supervision of data cleaning & refining process.
- Will check all completed questionnaires & will conduct a minimum of 30% of call back or spot checks in order to verify the accuracy of the data recorded.
- S / He will turn over all data & questionnaires to our client & will not destroy information & material at the end of the survey, after all data & original documentation has been delivered to our client.
- The consultant will protect the confidentiality of data & informants.
- No data or other information from this survey will be released to 3rd parties without the written approval of our client.
- Translate the data from Arabic to English.
- The Field Supervisor will be supported by Leam Leaders, Enumerators & an administration intern. The latter will prepare & manage payments. Transport will be provided.
- Plan for the fieldwork component of the survey.
- Implement Enumerator training workshop.
- Mobile web data collected, translated & submitted on a daily basis for 20,000 census samples & 1,500 survey samples.
- Weekly reconciliation of Enumerator payment required.
- Complete records of payments issued to Enumerators & transport providers.
|Rate per deliverable|
|Deliverable||Deadline for delivery||Payment for deliverable (USD)|
|Training of enumerators||15-Oct-21||$500 to $750 depending on ICS step level|
|7,000 correct census samples||15-Nov-21||$1,000 to $1,500 depending on ICS step level|
|750 correct survey samples||15-Nov-21||$500 to $1,000 depending on ICS step level|
|Back checks for quality control: 750 census and/or survey samples||22-Nov-21||$750 to $1,150 depending on ICS step level|
|Records of all paymentsWeekly reportsLogistics arrangements||Weekly||$600 to $900 depending on ICS step level|
|Total Payment for Contract:||$3,350 to $5,300 depending on ICS step level|
- Daily report about the progress & issues.
- Final report including the data collected, coverage, errors, translated questionnaires answers & issues.
- Minimum of BSc Degree in Water, Statistics, Economy, Social Science or any related field is required. Holder of an MSc Degree is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on data collection, surveys (participative survey, focus group, interviews).
- Experience in managing field teams.
- Participation in at least 2 household surveys (desirable).
- Experience in water & health sector surveys.
- Experience in translating survey responses from Arabic to English would be an asset.
- Experience in data quality assessment would be an asset.
- Experience in using mobile survey applications would be an asset
- Experience in Sudan is required.
- Knowledge / experience in the towns where the surveys are to be implemented would be an asset.
- Fluency in oral & written in Arabic & English is required.
- Capacity to translate survey responses to English.
Team management: S / He will manage the site team including the Enumerators & Sections Coordinators.
Further information: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.