The Climate Risk Institute (CRI) is currently accepting applications for a full-time, Climate Change Adaptation Liaison. The contract is a permanent position, and candidates will be able to work remotely.
The Climate Change Adaptation Liaison will lead projects and provide support to other project leads at the Climate Risk Institute. Duties include:
- Lead aspects of projects that involve climate change and professional planning
- Support other CRI staff in understanding the principles of mainstreaming climate change into professional planning
- Liaise with, and seek feedback from, a variety of stakeholders on aspects of climate risk and adaptation action
- Collaborate with other climate service hubs in Ontario and Canada to plan, develop and deliver new products such as risk frameworks, training services and adaptation products
- Respond to information needs of stakeholders and others who are in need of climate change information to support climate-sensitive decisions
- Design and conduct climate change research, including literature reviews and synthesis reports
- Contribute to the development of quality products for clients and other appropriate climate change adaptation audiences
Project Management Duties
- Maintain proper records of project activity for both project delivery and client reporting
- Ensure adherence to project timelines
- Correspond with and report to clients in full and in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of current climate change science and information including innovations from colleagues in Canada.
- Consider the needs of climate change decision-makers and translate those needs to helpful information, tools or products.
- Assist with review, editing and formatting of various climate change publications produced by CRI and colleagues.
- Assist with organizing various workshops and meetings.
- University degree in Planning, Environmental Studies, Climate Change Studies, or a related field.
- Ideally 3-5 years of related experience
- High level of knowledge of climate change impacts and adaptation
- Experience in implementing and leading projects related to climate change impacts and adaptation
- Experience in writing proposals and grant applications
- Experience in preparing reports and presentations
- Ability to synthesize information and data, from a variety of sources, in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to be flexible and the ability to adapt to changing responsibilities while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Dedicated to meeting or exceeding expectations
- Proven time-management, organization/prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Extensive experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
Deadline for application:
September 20, 2021
Candidates must send a resume and cover letter, with a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the education and experience, and qualifications of the position. Candidates must meet all qualifications to be considered for the position. Email resume and cover letter with Climate Change Adaptation Liaison as the subject line to: [email protected]
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.