Roles and Responsibilities WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual for the position of hydrologist to be a part of its Rivers & Wetlands team.
The incumbent will be engaged in developing participatory integrated basin/wetland management plans, restoration of environmental flows and in the emerging area of work around surface-groundwater interactions. This position will be a part of a highly experienced team doing some pioneering and exciting work on river (Ganga, Ramganga, Bhavani, Noyyal and Beas) and wetland conservation (Keoladeo National Park, Harike, and urban wetlands in Karnataka). As an expert, this position will provide technical inputs on hydraulics, hydrology and water resources management related aspects across various wetlands and river basins. This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a diverse and cross cutting team of experts across the country working on challenging and paradigm shifting programmes and offers unique learning opportunities.
LOCATION: NEW DELHI
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake hydrological and hydraulic assessments and modelling to develop water budgets, trade-offs of alternate water management scenarios and Environmental Flows (E-Flows) assessments
- Contribute to the hydrological and connectivity assessments in key watershed, wetlands and basins in preparation of management plans and designing conservation actions
- Compile, create and analyse geospatial data from multiple sources relevant for hydrological studies and develop create customized basin maps using ArcGIS/QGIS or any other GIS software
- Coordinate and lead hydrological monitoring of rivers and wetlands in collaboration with stakeholders, partners and the team (as per the requirement) to provide critical inputs on integrated and participatory water resources management
- Prepare technical/scientific reports and present these in various forums
- Support organizing of technical meetings and workshops
- Carry out any other responsibilities related to execution of activities of the Rivers & Wetlands team as mutually agreed
- Master’s degree in Hydrology/Water Resources/Environmental Engineering (M.E./M. Tech.) from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of Over 3-4 years’ experiences in water resources in general and working with water resources models like SWAT/MIKE, geospatial software’s like ArcGIS/QGIS/ERDAS and understanding of hydrogeology
- Proficient with understanding of hydrology and environmental issues
- Experience in working on components of riverine ecosystems/basin planning
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Documentation and report writing abilities
- Ability to coordinate effectively, multitask and to meet deadlines
Last Date for sending applications: 20th Sept’21
Please note, that the applications of only the short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.