Department of Geography (Professor Bernhard Lehner)
- Design and perform various research tasks within the Global HydroLAB
- Mapping and analysis of global lake and reservoir information, including the validation and documentation of the global LakeATLAS database;
- Addition of hydro-environmental characteristics, foremost lake surface temperature, from remote sensing imagery using advanced programming skills within Google Earth Engine;
- Classification of lakes and reservoirs using discharge information and geostatistical methods.
- Advanced use of ArcGIS and Phython as research tools;
- May include the supervision of undergraduate students.
- Preparation of Academic reports from results and prepared for publication.
Proficiency in GIS (with a focus on hydrologic applications), programming skills in Python, experience with Google Earth Engine, experience with hydrologic field measurements (in particular discharge), advanced experience with the HydroSHEDS and LakeATLAS data products, advanced academic writing skills.
Experience and education: MSc in hydrology or related field, min. 2 years work experience as a hydrologist.
Hours per Week:20 (Part time)
Position Start Date:09/09/2021
Position End Date:11/12/2021
Deadline to Apply:09/17/2021
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected].