adelphi is an independent think tank and leading international public policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our 250-strong team of experts and specialists plays a key role in generating and promoting new ideas, shaping debates, building new strategies and setting agendas. We help to forge new paths towards a sustainable future, both by providing scientifically sound policy analysis and by working in dialogue with political and civil society actors and decision-makers.
Join us and you can expect to work on topical issues that connect the worlds of science and politics, in collaboration with policymakers and practitioners around the world. Contribute your ideas and expertise as part of our interdisciplinary, international project teams, and benefit from a collaborative working and learning environment with flat organisational structures.
Our Berlin office is seeking a Project Assistant to support our team for a minimum of 12 months, starting as soon as possible.
Project Assistant (m/f/d) (20h/week) in the field of climate diplomacy (part-time) – Berlin
Your scope of responsibilities:
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges for the 21st century, not least in view of the risks it entails for peace and international security. Adelphi has been working on climate-fragility risks for many years, in cooperation with the German Foreign Office and many other ministries, governments and international organizations. We are looking for creative and dynamic personalities who want to help shape political processes in this domain at the national and international level.
As Project Assistant, you will support our team in various areas, ranging from designing international dialogues to setting new thematic impulses.
- Contribute to research, writing, and editing for text templates, policy papers, factsheets and studies on climate diplomacy
- Prepare and follow up on events and support the implementation of dialogues with UN and EU policy makers as well as German, European and international civil society and research institutions
- Editorial work, such as proofreading, of English texts
- Prepare and revise project results in text and graphics for public sector clients, diplomats and partner institutions
- Advance the interactive learning platforms of the project, including the ECC Factbook
- Currently enrolled in a Masters programmme in politics, communication, or similar and related fields
- Academic work and studies relating to the environment, climate and peace and security and/or first experiences working in relevant fields
- Excellent knowledge of English or native skills
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Affinity with, interest in and experiences with one or more of the following areas: layouting; journalism; online communication
- Structured, precise, independent and flexible approach to work
- Very good command of Office applications, particularly MS Word and Outlook
- Good command of/or high motivation to learn and work with graphic design layouts and website content management systems
- Good command of Photoshop and/or InDesign, as well as web-based software/content management systems are an assent
- A varied and autonomous job and the assumption of responsible, varied tasks in a sustainable company
- An exciting, flexible and multicultural working environment and an appreciative corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Free health-promoting sporting activities and membership of the Urban Sports Club at attractive, discounted rates
- Concessions on the BVG and our job bike leasing offer
- Active work-life balance through flexible working hours, diverse working time models and mobile working
- Continuous, individual further development of your skills as well as targeted promotion of your career path at adelphi
- An attractive and centrally located office on the Spree as an ideal environment for creative work
- A company pension scheme subsidised by the employer as well as attractive benefits through a salary conversion programme
Are you well-suited for this job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application! Please submit your application documents in English (including cover letter, CV, references, and information about your availability) through our online application system, easily reached by clicking the “Apply” button. Thank you!