Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
We are now recruiting talented individuals to fill our current vacancy for Senior Engineer – Drainage and to be based in Bangalore.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Qualification & Experience;
• Post-Graduation in Civil/Environmental/ Water Resources Engineering
• 8 – 12 years of relevant experience in designing Water, Wastewater and Drainage Schemes of Civil infrastructure facilities under Land Development, Industrial, Rail, Airport Projects and specifically the drainage schemes. Candidates with UK design exposure will be added advantage.
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities;
• Lead small drainage design team based in GEC primarily on rail drainage schemes and allied highways drainage.
• Involving in all the stages of drainage designs starting from Conceptualisation, Optioneering, Detail engineering and till the construction stage support covering track, stations, and maintenance depots (incorporating train washing facilities, accommodation buildings etc).
• Guiding junior members of team in fulfilling the safe design and resolving design related issues.
• Undertake designs, modelling works.
• Ensure Quality through necessary verification, checking of design submittals.
• Manage programme timelines, budget and H&S for all the project.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team; UK Project Work exposure
• Bear confidence to work independently with good influencing/motivating, delegating skills.
• Excellent Communication both written, verbal
• Fair Knowledge of UK design standards, application processes
• Have a thorough knowledge on Software Application like Water/Sewer GEMS, Storm CADD, Civil Storm, Infoworks, Civil 3D storm sewer application (preferably exposure in Micro Drainage, Civil 3D application) and transfer knowledge with wider team
• Thorough Knowledge of BIM, digital application and shall support/assist in automations and system improvement.
• Designing, Evaluating, Hydraulic Scheme for Storm Collection Network and Disposal system featuring various hydraulic assets using software and should be able to validate through alternative means, if necessary, by applying basic principles.
• Knowledge on alternatives to optimise the storm drainage schemes
• Should have exposure to design Sustainable Drainage systems, pumping stations, controlled discharge facilities, flood analyses, Hazard Identification and remedial aspects,
• CADD application, Drawing productions, Reviews.
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.