Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Because we’re such a diverse business, we can offer you variety as standard. The work within our Flood Risk and Hydrology Team can vary from river modelling, reservoir inundation modelling, surface water modelling, coastal inundation modelling, integrated catchment modelling, etc. You’ll get to work on a range of different projects for regulators, local government bodies, infrastructure providers, water companies, developers and investors.
We are now recruiting talented individuals to fill our current vacancy for Principal Engineer – Flood Risk Modeler to work on our UK projects in Bangalore/Mumbai.
To be considered for this role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
• Degree in an appropriate analytical subject (Civil Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology)
• 12 to 15+ Years of experience.
• Desired: Working towards Chartered status with ICE or CIWEM
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities;
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk projects
• Produce and lead flood risk assessments
• Recruiting, supporting, developing and line managing junior River Modellers
• Resolving technical modelling issues on projects
• Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models and Flood Risk Assessments
• Supporting the preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
• Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and resource allocation of others, quality assurance and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
• Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
• Experience in commercial aspects of projects relating to projects for which responsible
• Liaising with the Project Director or Manager
• Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation.
• Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
• Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
• Experience in 1D/2D fluvial modelling (e.g. experience in Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW, Infoworks ICM, Mike 11, Mike 21, Mike Flood)
• Skills in GIS (MapInfo or ArcGIS)
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
• Ability to lead and carryout Flood Risk Assessments with good knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
• Line management experience
• Desired experience of Surface Water Management Plans and SuDS
• Desired experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements in line with UK EIA regulations 2017.
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
If you are interested in this position, please respond via the apply button on this page.