Practice area(s): Environment
Location(s): Male, Maldives
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 6-9 Years
The USAID-funded Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Activity in Maldives, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Governance and Institutional Strengthening Specialist candidates. This position will be located in Male, Maldives.
The CCA Activity enhances the adaptive capacities of the public and private sectors and local communities in Maldives and Sri Lanka to climate change impacts in ways that contribute to sustained, inclusive market-based growth. This five-year project seeks to identify and scale up innovative solutions to adaptively manage climate-related risks through market-driven private sector and community engagement; strengthen central and/or local governance to address climate-related risks; and improve availability and access to high-quality information for decision-making to reduce vulnerability to climate change in both countries. The CCA Activity is a 5-year USAID contract being implemented by Tetra Tech, and runs through July 2026.
The Governance and Institutional Strengthening Specialist is responsible for providing capacity building and support to relevant government stakeholders from the MoE at the national and local levels. Leads CCA Activity’s PEAs to identify and address gaps in regulatory and policy. Builds GoM capacity to assess climate vulnerability, prioritize and monitor climate change adaptation investments, coordinate and integrate climate change adaptation governance measures across relevant ministries and agencies and of the private sector in climate change adaptation-related policy development and implementation. This position reports to the DCOP/Maldives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
* In collaboration with the DCOP/Maldives, design, conduct, adapt, monitor and report on capacity building and support activities to Government of Maldives national and local level ministries and agencies that results in increased ability to assess climate vulnerability, prioritize and monitor climate change adaptation investments, and coordinates and integrates climate change adaptation measures;
* Collaborate with DCOP/Maldives, Grants Manager and other technical staff to identify, implement, monitor and report on Grants under Contract especially relevant to stakeholder capacity building;
* Collaborate with the Governance & Institutional Strengthening Specialist-Sri Lanka to seek opportunities for synergy and cross learning/training; and
* Provide significant contributions to CCA Activity project deliverable documents including but not limited to Startup and Preliminary Work Plan, Annual Work Plan, Weekly Updates, Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports and Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP).
* Bachelor’s degree in political science, policy, or a relevant field. Master’s preferred;
* Minimum 8 years of experience in governance and institutional strengthening in the Maldives;
* Fluency in Dhivehi and English;
* Strong understanding of climate change adaptation policy; and
* Demonstrated experience with political economy or similar analyses.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is September 24, 2021.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.