Help us fight for swimmable, drinkable and drinkable waters for California communities and ecosystems! California Coastkeeper Alliance seeks a dynamic professional to support CCKA’s Executive Director’s and Policy Director’s work to advance integrated water resources management and resilient coastal ecosystems by influencing legislation, policies, and government investments. The Policy Analyst should be a self-starter who is productive working remotely and has experience successfully managing coalitions and executing campaigns in the environmental field.
- Track, analyze and develop written comments on permits, policies, monitoring plans, and other technical documents related to ocean health, water quality, and water supply.
- Draft and present oral testimony, and otherwise represent CCKA’s positions at public meetings, hearings and other forums, including participation on technical committees and in stakeholder groups.
- Assist with the implementation of campaigns to advance organizational priorities before the California Legislature, State Water Resources Control Board, Ocean Protection Council, and other entities.
- Create and maintain relationships with agency staff, advocacy groups, scientists and other stakeholders.
- Provide fundraising support, including researching opportunities and preparing proposals and reports.
- Provide organizational and coalition support, including organizing and facilitating meetings, and managing event logistics.
- Administrative duties include processing expense reports; tracking grants and budgets; proofreading, formatting, copying, and scanning documents; managing calendars; and maintaining email databases.
- Develop and disseminate digital media and social media content.
- Passion for California’s ocean, coast, bays and rivers.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in public policy, environmental planning, environmental science and management, ecology, conservation biology, or a related discipline is strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in the environmental, policy or advocacy field is mandatory.
- Broad understanding of science, regulatory and policy issues relating to water and coastal resources.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with a commitment to accuracy and rigor.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, including meeting facilitation.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute multiple tasks, perform undirected work with meticulous attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work under pressure on multiple projects.
- Experience in campaign and coalition management and coordination is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with social media, digital media content, mapping (GIS), and web-based data portals is
- Some travel required, particularly to Sacramento, as well as within California generall
CCKA is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. CCKA offers competitive salaries based on a non-profit scale and commensurate with experience. This is a full time salaried position with excellent benefits. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area/Sacramento corridor.
Please email a resume, cover letter and short writing sample (less than 10 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Analyst Application – (last name, first name).” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Download the full CCKA Policy Analyst Job Description.