About the job
The Program Director is responsible for researching, planning, developing and implementing Freshwater Future’s programs in concert with other leadership staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and be a motivating mentor to staff.
- Lead discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Manage program staff.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop operations plans and budgets.
- Prepare funding proposals and reports to support programs
General Job Requirements:
- Participate in management decisions for the organization.
- Participate and assist with Freshwater Future staff meetings and events.
- Attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with organizational planning.
Position Type: The Program Director position will be a full-time position. Job location is negotiable within the Great Lakes region.
The Program Director will have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership skills, strategic mindset, problem-solving skills, nonprofit or advocacy background, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, expertise using and learning digital communications tools, experience with program and staff management, Bachelor’s degree preferred. The position requires excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and a commitment to equity and inclusion. Travel is required.
Compensation: Salary Range: $58,000-$63,000, depending on experience. Generous benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, disability insurance, paid time off.
Freshwater Future is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job search will remain open until filled.