The Community Program Associate helps build and support a base of community level organizations working to protect water in the Great Lakes region.
- Provide training, coordination and engagement opportunities to grassroots water efforts.
- Track and develop stories of policy implementation outcomes.
- Connect local community efforts to meaningful opportunities for water policy change.
- Maintain engagement databases and move participants to new levels of engagement.
- Participate in program development, implement programs, and assess and track progress.
- Participate in and assist with Freshwater Future staff meetings and events.
- Attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with organizational planning and fundraising when appropriate.
Job location is negotiable within the Great Lakes region.
The Community Program Associate is an entry level position and will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a water/environmental resource, policy, nonprofit or advocacy background. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer skills including databases, websites, spreadsheets, and word processing as well as social media outreach and growth; organizational skills, ability to work independently and a commitment to protecting water resources. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Compensation: Salary Range: $32,000-$37,000, depending on experience. Generous benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, disability insurance, paid time off.
Freshwater Future is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]