We invite you to bring your extensive experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for watershed, river, reservoir, and dam studies. The ideal candidate will lead projects and conduct complex analyses such as real-time flood forecasting, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling for hydraulic structures, large river basin runoff modeling, and two-dimensional riverine hydraulic modeling. Are you our new Senior Water Resource Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
You will join our Climate Adaptation Department
As our Senior Water Resources Engineer you will be part of the team that support project delivery of Ramboll’s Water, Infrastructure and Climate team.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Hydraulic modeling using 1D and 2D HEC-RAS, as well as FLOW-3D CFD models, for, floodplain and river restoration, fish passage design, urban stormwater management, dam safety and rehabilitation studies/design and other projects
- Hydrologic modeling using HEC-HMS or similar, to develop flows for hydraulic models
- Scripting to support customization of models and data processing
- Leading technical discussions with regulators and clients as well as at public meetings
- Technical writing for project documents, as well as review of junior engineers’ technical writing
- Technical review, guidance, and mentoring for junior engineers in their project work and development
- Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BS in Civil Engineering (MS preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or able to obtain within 6 months (preferred Qual)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with topics including climate change, sedimentation, natural channel design, streambank protection, flood forecasting, storm drainage, fluvial geomorphology, survey, and bathymetry
Preferred Qualifications include:
- H&H technical background and extensive experience with: Hydrologic modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-WAT, Hydraulic modeling software such as InfoWorks ICM (InfoSWMM), HEC-RAS 2D, MIKE, FLOW-3D, or similar multidimensional analysis programs, Data visualization software such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD
- MATLAB experience preferred
- Modeling experience in COREMIX, AdH, EEMS, AutoCAD Storm and Sanitary Analysis, R-script, MATLAB, GeoHEC-RAS
Welcome to our Water division
At Ramboll, a global team of bright water consultants support the development of sustainable societies, working with water projects on a global scale. We assist our clients on their most challenging water management issues, delivering solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. Our main service areas cover Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Water Resource Management and Water & Wastewater Networks.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has 2,000 experts working across 72 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.