The professional shall be working in National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC), Department Water Resources, RD & GR, Ministry of Jal Shakti, in a contractual position with WAPCOS Ltd., a Government of India Undertaking.
Monthly Remuneration: Rs.1,50,000/-
Employment Type– Contract
Masters or equivalent degree in Hydrology or any relevant field.
Doctorate in hydrology or any relevant topic
8 years experience as a technical expert in water resources studies and modelling, its occurrence, movement, and relationship with components of the environment along with expertise in handling multiple datasets in hydrology and its analysis
- Analyse surface and groundwater hydrological data.
- Technical guidance in the development of tools for data validation, data extraction, visualisation, etc.
- Interpret the gauging station readings and further compute water availability, water auditing, assessment of surface water and groundwater recharges, flow rate and direction, etc.
- Plot the groundwater contours.
- Develop 3D models of surface and sub-surface flows.
- Analyse the aquifer characteristics.
- Develop and design a water budget plan
- Analyse the geology, geomorphology of an area.
- Develop hydrogeological maps.
- Finally, must be acquainted with the latest State and National policies, Guidelines/ Rules/Legislation, etc.
- Compilation and quality check of inputs from team members and report writing responsibilities.