Facebook designs, builds, leases, and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating, and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the “right” way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe working environment. Facebook evaluates sites around the world for data center development and is seeking a Water Manager to lead water and wastewater cross-functional project efforts for our large and growing Data Center portfolio. This position will report directly to the Water Team Manager within the broader Site Development team and will work closely with other Data Center teams. Travel may be needed infrequently ( up to 10%) to visit our data center sites and attend agency and stakeholder meetings.Water Manager Responsibilities
- Lead water and wastewater due diligence, risk assessments and strategy for data center site selection efforts in the eastern U.S., including watershed analyses, utility and infrastructure assessments, water rights needs, and/or water-related permit requirements.
- Facilitate and drive communication and cross-team coordination between internal water stakeholders, including Sustainability, Strategic Engineering and Development, and Design.
- Manage water/sewer agreements during all phases of a project, including initial negotiations along with partner teams during site selection, as well as ensuring agreement compliance during construction and operations.
- Lead discussions and long-term relationships with water utilities regarding technical aspects of projects, including water/sewer agreement terms and conditions, projected capacity requirements, and offsite infrastructure improvements.
- Scope, review findings, and provide direction to consultants and internal teams on water evaluations, when needed.
- Communicate to multiple diverse Facebook teams and leadership regarding water risks and operational viability for new sites, as well as water commitments and obligations for selected sites.
- Review and evaluate water monitoring data to compare against agreements, identify anomalies, and establish best practices. Work with internal partners on external stakeholder communication.
- Monitor relevant state and local policies that could affect water for specific sites.
- Provide expertise to diverse internal teams and coordinate with other teams about relevant water issues and requirements.
- Develop training and educational tools regarding water goals, compliance and awareness.
- Manage the preparation of Water Emergency Plans for Data Centers, including coordinating input from consultants and diverse internal teams.
- Assist in facilitating the growth of the water program within Facebook Data Centers as the company continues to grow and build water excellence.
- Bachelors degree.
- 10+ years experience in water and wastewater infrastructure projects, water resources management, and/or hydrology/hydrogeology.
- Experience in industrial water use and wastewaster discharge, water efficiency techniques, as well as water policy and permitting in the eastern United States.
- Experience working with water utilities in the eastern United States.
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal staff, external consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Experience establishing and maintaining cross-functional and working relationships.
- Masters degree.
- Experience with water and wastewater infrastructure planning for data centers.
- Professional Civil Engineer License.