Job Summary / Job Statement
The jobholder acts as the focal point to assess hydropower developments with potential transboundary implications, and supports Member Countries in the identification and promotion of mutual and basin-wide benefits and in avoiding or mitigating transboundary costs through the Basin Development Strategy, sustainable hydropower development strategy, guidelines and tools. He or she works closely with the River Basin Planner in sustainable hydropower planning.
- University degree (Master or higher) in water engineering (especially hydropower engineering or management), energy, water management, or other fields relevant to hydropower development;
- TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in water resource management, of which at least 7 years in hydropower development;
- Preferably 5 years of experience in management of complex projects;
- Preferably 3 years of experience in bilateral, international relations.
The Job Descriptions can be obtained from the download box at top of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2016
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.