|Location:||Australia / Oceania|
|City/Cities Location Details:||Mauritius|
Project title: Building regional resilience through strengthened meteorological, hydrological and climate services in the Indian Ocean Commission member countries (HYDROMET)
Brief description: The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) has received financing from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project “Building regional resilience through strengthened meteorological, hydrological and climate services in the Indian Ocean Commission member countries (HYDROMET)”. This regional multi-donor project is funded by the Green Climate Fund (GCF-52.8MUSD); the Agence Française de Développement (AFD – 5million euro) and the European Union (EU- 5.6million Euro). The Services of the consultant shall consist of providing Technical Assistance Service to the Indian Ocean Commission in the implementation of the HYDROMET project. The IOC will be the Executing Entity. The Executing Entity will assume overall responsibility for the effective delivery of Project inputs and interventions in order to achieve the expected project outputs. To fulfill its role, the Executing Entity will set up a Project Management Unit (“PMU”). The IOC – with the assistance of the PMU – will manage the overall execution of the project. The PMU will be led by a Regional Project Coordinator (“RPC”).
Commencement date of the project: February 2022
Duration of the assignment: 10 months
- Experience in gender mainstreaming, analysis, research, designing gender policies, strategies, guidelines, and training manuals.
- Local-level experience and substantial knowledge of the social, cultural and gender issues in the COI countries.
- Practical work exposure to municipalities and understanding of environmental, social and economic dynamics of gender in the COI countries.
- Extensive practical experience in leading gender mainstreaming and implementation of gender-sensitive projects and programs.
- Practical expertise in designing training activities appropriate for community and government experts and providing training on gender analysis and mainstreaming.