|Location:||Australia / Oceania|
|City/Cities Location Details:||Mauritius|
Project title: Building regional resilience through strengthened meteorological, hydrological and climate services in the Indian Ocean Commission member countries (HYDROMET)
Brief description: The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) has received financing from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project “Building regional resilience through strengthened meteorological, hydrological and climate services in the Indian Ocean Commission member countries (HYDROMET)”. This regional multi-donor project is funded by the Green Climate Fund (GCF-52.8MUSD); the Agence Française de Développement (AFD – 5million euro) and the European Union (EU- 5.6million Euro). The Services of the consultant shall consist of providing Technical Assistance Service to the Indian Ocean Commission in the implementation of the HYDROMET project. The IOC will be the Executing Entity. The Executing Entity will assume overall responsibility for the effective delivery of Project inputs and interventions in order to achieve the expected project outputs. To fulfill its role, the Executing Entity will set up a Project Management Unit (“PMU”). The IOC – with the assistance of the PMU – will manage the overall execution of the project. The PMU will be led by a Regional Project Coordinator (“RPC”).
Commencement date of the project: February 2022
Duration of the assignment: 60 months
- Technical skills in the fields of climate change, meteorology, climatology, capacity building, climate services, early warning systems, natural disasters and including gender aspects.
- Prior experience in managing international development projects financed by donors such as AFD / FFEM in (small) island states
- Experience in project management in line with the project commitment note, donors and project management (COI)
- Coordination and supervision of the PMU team, compliance with the group’s project management policies and COI (security, health, financial management)
- Excellent communication, writing, language (English / French) and project management skills (planning, budgeting skills, setting up monitoring/evaluation indicators, logical framework, reporting, etc.)