Practice area(s): Water
Location(s): Bamako, Mali
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant, International, US-Based Applicant
Experience: 10+ Years
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Chief of Party on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Mali. The Mali ANKA JIKO project will tie into USAID Mali’s greater Integrated Health Project and will seek to support the Government of Mali (GOM) by enhancing provision and financing opportunities that will allow for increasing access to, and affordability of, rural water services. This position will be full-time and based in Mali.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with GOM and USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, GOM and other partners and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and reporting to USAID. The COP will ensure the project is on scope, schedule, and budget at all times, and will ensure that all procurement, recruitment and financial dealings are properly processed, documented and reported.
* Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation;
* Work closely with other key personnel and supervises project staff to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
* Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Mali under the RFP;
* Responsible for providing quality control of products prepared by the team and providing technical guidance to partners;
* Oversees project planning, provides technical direction and support and ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities; and
* Communicate/work with Federal Ministry of Water Resources, and key stakeholders at national and state levels.
* Advanced degree in relevant field; water resources management, natural resources management, hydrology, irrigation;
* Minimum ten (10) years of senior level experience as Project Director or Chief of Party on donor-funded projects of similar magnitude and complexity;
* Minimum eight (8) years of international development experience in managing and implementing development projects related to water resource management, water, sanitation and hygiene, and watershed management;
* Expertise in policy and governance frameworks, and local capacity building strongly preferred;
* Experience developing alliances with the private sector is strongly preferred;
* Previous experience with conservation issues strongly preferred;
* Previous regional experience required; experience in Mali strongly preferred;
* Proficiency in written and oral English and French required. [Degree in]
* Malian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.