Raftelis is a national industry leader in financial, organizational, communication, and technology consulting for utilities and the public sector. We provide insights and expertise to help public agencies operate as high-performing, sustainable entities, and, ultimately, make their communities better places to live, work, and play.
Working within a team, the Associate Consultant will be responsible for providing exceptional client service in the public municipal utilities industry (water, wastewater, and stormwater) through various multi-discipline projects, such a financial planning, cost of service rate and fee setting, bond feasibility studies, and miscellaneous financial-related projects.
· Data mine and aggregate project data from multiple sources and develop Excel-based financial models to support analysis of a variety of financial and management studies including projects related to financial planning. This includes projecting utility revenues and expenditures, developing revenue requirements, cost allocation and rate and fee design to support utility’s operations.
· Under guidance of project managers, work independently and have the ability to switch between projects quickly to meet milestones and deliverables
· Utilize public speaking and technical writing skills to produce, edit and present reports, proposals, and presentations in a clear and succinct manner
· Support senior staff in business development and marketing activities
· Communicate with clients to gather data and other relevant project information
· Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, engineering, economics, mathematics, or other related fields)
· Advanced proficiency and experience with MS Excel including advanced user functions and Visual Basic programming
· Strong proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint – ability to create report templates, modify report templates
· Experience analyzing large data sets, working with and/or developing database queries, using MS Access, SQL server and/or relational databases
· Critical thinking skills – ability to formulate multiple solutions to problems, test hypothesis and develop solutions based on analysis.
· Ability to work under multiple project managers with competing deadlines and deliverables
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willing and able to travel overnight as needed
· Master’s degree (MBA, MPA, or similar)
Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive competitive compensation, generous bonus structure and excellent benefits that include:
· Company paid medical and dental benefits
· Health Savings Account with company contributions
· Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Vision Insurance
· Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
· Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
· 401(k) with company contributions
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Raftelis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: Please visit www.raftelis.com.