U.S. citizens: Hydrologist
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $33,394 (Step 01) to $43,414 (Step 10);
Salary: $41,365 (Step 01) to $53,773 (Step 10);
Salary: $50,598 (Step 01) to $65,778 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: DEN-2018--0367.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Oklahoma Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assists higher level hydrologists in conducting hydrologic studies by collecting, recording, analyzing and interpreting hydrologic data.
- Collects hydrologic data using a variety of methods and equipment.
- Computes, analyzes and interprets records of stream flow, water levels, pumpage, sediment quantities or biological and chemical quality to assist in the scientific evaluation of hydrologic phenomena.
- Writes portions of interpretive reports of hydrologic studies and prepares hydrologic information in the form of maps, charts or graphs for inclusion in reports.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
While in the field, considerable walking, lifting, bending, climbing and stream wading is necessary to collect data.
Field conditions may include extreme heat or cold, rain or snow, and hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding.