Job Summary / Job Statement
The jobholder acts as the Lead Technical staff of the Planning Division, and directly supports the Director in overseeing the technical work of the Division and guiding the technical work of other specialists. Specifically, he/she leads the work on Mekong river basin development planning, including the preparation, update, and implementation support to the IWRM-based Basin Development Strategy and its linkage to other basin-wide sector strategies, the MASAP and the implementation of MRC Procedures, in close consultation with the lead technical staff of the Environmental Management Division. He or she supports Member Countries in assessing and optimising national and basin-wide benefits and reducing transboundary costs of national plans and projects through scenario assessments, regional benefit sharing and water diplomacy. The position supports the Director in leading the implementation of MRC’s core river basin management functions related to basin-wide assessment (CRBMF 2), planning support (CRBMF 3) and implementation of MRC procedures (CRBMF 5).
- University degree (Master or higher) in development planning, water resources management or relevant field. A doctorate is desirable;
- TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered;
- Minimum 13 years of experience in water resources planning and management or development planning including experiences in preparing, developing and implementing basin development or management strategies and plans;
- Extensive experience in working in and with international/inter-governmental organisations and multiple stakeholder groups;
- Extensive experience leading and managing complex planning and negotiation process;
- Experience leading multi-national and multi-disciplinary technical teams highly desirable;
- Experience with MRC and Mekong basin development planning at regional or national levels preferred.
The Job Descriptions can be obtained from the download box at top of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2016
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.