Senior Advisor (Environment)
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
This is a 14-month temporary position.
As the Senior Advisor, Environment, you will be responsible for the overall planning, development, implementation, maintenance, evaluation and sustainability of CBC/Radio-Canada's Environment Management Systems and Program. The individual will be leading and managing projects related to the integration of sustainable environment initiatives within the corporation. The individual will participate in and influence legislative and regulatory changes respecting the environment that apply to and may affect the CBC/Radio-Canada. Responsible for developing and implementing risk management strategies and maintaining working relationships with internal and external parties dealing with similar issues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Overseeing in the short and medium term all activities related to environmental and sustainable issues and risks, ensuring consistency between corporate strategic environmental and sustainable planning and other services.
- Responsible for developing the CBC/Radio-Canada annual environmental plan and report, including guidelines, strategies, projects and activities related to CBC/Radio-Canada's environmental policy.
- Identifying the required resources, deliverables and timetables related to project management.
- Assessing environmental impacts and improvement opportunities, taking the appropriate action to achieve optimal performance.
- Responsible to assess, analyze, evaluate and respond to environmental incidents, hazards and risks.
- Developing sustainable programs aimed at raising awareness of environmental issues linked to activities.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental management or a related field.
- Minimum two to five years' experience in managing an environmental program in an organisation.
- Broad range of knowledge, training and experience on Canadian environmental legislation.
- Must be familiar with sustainability concepts and programs.
- Very good knowledge of environmental issues that could arise in a Corporation.
- Strong communicator and persuader.
- French is an strong asset.
- Pragmatic, creative thinker able to reconcile environmental actions with budget constraints.
- Proactive and willing to tackle challenges.
- Able to travel in Canada when required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to .
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.