Australia citizens: Scientist (Riparian and Wetlands Ecology (SciA))
Work for Energy, Environment and Climate Change Group Flexible working options Melbourne North East Location
The position of Scientist, Riparian and Wetlands Ecology is responsible for providing strategic research and management advice to answer key questions related to ecologically sustainable land or water management and resource use policies for the Biodiversity Division
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The Scientist, Riparian and Wetlands Ecology will actively contribute to a multi-disciplinary team of research staff investigating riparian and aquatic plant ecology and provide expert advice for the management of aquatic ecosystems.
- Participate in scientific projects, sub-projects, studies and reviews in riparian and wetland ecology in Victoria.
- Conduct and/or assist in riparian and aquatic flora sampling programs using a range of methods.
- Contribute to and/or assist in data entry, quality assurance, manipulation, and archiving.
The key selection criteria specified below outline the capabilities required for the position.
- A science degree with a major in ecology or equivalent is essential.
- Specialist skill: Has a high level of taxonomic skill and experience in riparian and wetland ecology. Experience with statistical analysis of ecological data and GIS and/or database scripting is desirable.
- Field work experience in aquatic systems: Has extensive experience in undertaking and leading field teams to undertake botanical field surveys in aquatic systems.
This is a fixed term position available for a period of 24 months.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
Applications close at midnight Tuesday, 16 October 2018.
To apply online and for further information on position description and selection criteria visit www.careers.vic.gov.au .