DAI is a WASH sector leader with a dedicated team in DAI headquarters and flagship USAID programs in Haiti,
Indonesia, Kenya, Lebanon, Philippines, and the Africa Regional WALIS Program. We have additional, and significant,
WASH activities under our governance programs in Guatemala, Iraq, and Mozambique, among others. DAI was the most successful large business under WADI, USAID’s primary WASH contracting mechanism, winning 5 of 9 eligible
procurements. Our experience is comprehensive – encompassing the upstream protection and management of water
resources to the efficient delivery of water and sanitation services to consumers. We recognize that societies get the
greatest health and economic benefits from water and sanitation when we leverage benefits within and across sector and when local stakeholders are at the center of the decision-making process and part of a collaborative implementation approach.
DAI seeks candidates for the role of Deputy Chief of Party on an anticipated USAID funded Indonesia Urban Water,
Sanitation and Hygiene (UWASH Tangguh) program. This program will expand access to safely managed drinking water and sanitation, increase the resilience of these services to climate-related shocks and stresses, and reduce land-based sources of ocean pollution through improved solid waste management and recycling actions. The Deputy Chief of Party reports to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of activities and communication with USAID/Indonesia and other program partners. S/he will supervise staff and subcontractors on activity implementation, deliverables, reporting, quality control of contract reports and deliverables, strategic communications, success stories, and representation of UWASH Tangguh with external audiences.
- Support the Chief of Party in all technical and management aspects of the project;
- Serve as second in command during temporary Chief of Party’s absence;
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to identify, mitigate and manage risks and actively participates in the resolution of program performance issues with project staff and sub-contractors;
- Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans, implementation plans, and tracking deliverables;
- In collaboration with M&E staff, implement the program’s system for monitoring activities and deliverables;
- Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting. Producetechnical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories;
- Develop partnerships with the client, implementers, and stakeholders and foster coordination;
- Visit UWASH Tangguh implementation sites regularly to monitor and report on relevant programmatic activities.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject matter relater to water, hygiene, environmental management, public
- administration, environmental policy or other related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience international development; experience with USAID programming preferred;
- Proven understanding of technical assistance projects in the water/WASH sector in South East Asia; Indonesia
- experience is strongly preferred;
- Strong presentation skills, ability to synthesize management data in terms of activity progress, link with financialanalysis, preparations of briefs and presentations from a management perspective;
- In-depth understanding of current and emerging water, sanitation, solid waste management and climate change
- reforms in Indonesia;
- Capacity to communicate and dialogue with local institutions, academics, researchers, and policy makers at a
- national and sub-national level;
- Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English.