Auto req ID: 248780BR
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $68 billion in net revenue in 2020, driven by a complimentary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
We’re currently looking for Sustainability Water Impact Manager, Europe to be based ideally in our office in Netherlands (Maarssen) or Belgium (Zaventem).
In this role you will be reporting into the Water Focus Area Lead and be part of the Sustainability team.
- Develop the glidepath for Europe Water Sustainability Goal delivery for acceptance by Leadership Team and Europe Sustainability Council. Ensure best solutions are included, connecting closely with the technical sustainability team at the Global Sustainability Office. Wire glidepath efforts and plans with other sectors for comparison. Align European plan with the different BU’s.
- Deliver affordable solutions for water use reduction, introduction of ‘net zero’ water use technologies as necessary, focus on 100% water replenishment in HWR areas, facilitate the adoption of the Alliance for Water stewardship standard as vehicle for advocacy at own ops HWR sites and be the water scarcity risk owner.
- Be part of the North Western Europe (NWE) BU sustainability team. Develop, contribute and help executing the NWE BU sustainability plan.
- Coordinate cross functional efforts and facilitate the delivery of solutions according to glidepath timetable achieving all water goals by 2025 and 2030.
- Own all aspects of long term and short term budget management for the Water focus area and keep business informed and updated on developments.
- Support interactions with NGOs where we have coordinated development plans across our locations.
- Be on-point to provide relevant water program information and for external use (customers, comms) or internal (marketing, comms) and be accountable for the quality of information that is reported via the Sustainability Office Data team
- Keep business informed about sustainable water development trends.
- Be the Sustainability Water Expert for business teams.
- Actively promote efficient practices and glidepath governance by simplifiying practices and process as much as possible.
- Independent professional able to develop, own and excecute an agenda, and advise Senior managers on best technical approach
- Strong interest in technology around sustainability
- Water management experience
- Ideally with background in FMCG (food & beverage) or similar industry
- Excellent communicator able to work with cross-functional teams on international scope
- Excellent skills to present and ‘sell’ new innovative ideas to senior stakeholder teams
- Ability to build trust with multiple teams, supporting as necessary and highlighting deficiencies where evident
- “ Can-do” pragmatism with a high level of energy
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a simple way
- Influencer who can work across functions and coordinate actions
- Change management experience, understanding how to influence others to support the Sustainability Water agenda as needed
- Fluent in English, Dutch desired and other languages (French or Spanish) would be an advantage
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular