Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
At Tetra Tech, we seek clear sustainable solutions that improve the quality of life. Consider being part of a complex world’s clear solutions with our environmental team in Portland, OR. Tetra Tech seeks a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow and develop their role to improve our capacity to serve clients and the natural world. In this position, you would work with a small team of biologists, environmental scientists, and engineers to design and execute biological studies, environmental assessments, and other natural resources investigations; prepare permit applications and supporting documents; and assist in preparation of NEPA, CEQA, and SEPA documents. Creative problem solvers interested in bringing innovative technology to the forefront of environmental consulting are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should have broad interests and background to address projects that may include:
- Conducting field surveys for vegetation, wildlife, wildlife habitat, and riverine features in the Pacific Northwest;
- NEPA/SEPA analysis;
- Performing wetland delineations;
- Fisheries studies and fish monitoring;
- ESA compliance analysis and Biological Assessment preparation;
- Preparing and overseeing development of environmental permits;
- GIS mapping and data analysis;
- Assisting in business development for biological/environmental work.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Biology/Geography/Environmental Sciences/Water Resources Sciences.
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local environmental permitting regulations and processes.
- Ability to research and prepare reports on environmental disciplines and regulations (NEPA/SEPA and ESA documentation).
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn local plant, fish and/or wildlife species and habitat requirements.
- Ability to produce written reports and related documents that demonstrate solid technical writing and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to evaluate, select, and apply technical principles and procedures while using independent judgment.
- Strong personal organization skills and the ability to self-manage multiple project tasks while producing quality results.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency with GIS software highly desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships that will support project team goals.
- Be able to learn quickly and take on continuously more challenging assignments.
- Valid driver’s license
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 178 TTS