Closing Date: 22/09/2021
Salary: $95,594.00 – $129,333.00
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Tuam Street (TUA)
Job Category: Environmental Services
Provide technical leadership in understanding Canterbury’s groundwater resources.
With its extensive groundwater systems, Canterbury is at the forefront of water management in New Zealand. We have an opportunity for you to take a lead role in helping us understand and manage this precious resource.
The role requires highly effective leadership, management, collaboration and support for a team of six groundwater scientists. Under your leadership, your team will design and implement groundwater resource investigations and provide high-quality technical advice to internal and external stakeholders. Working closely with the Groundwater Science Manager and two other team leaders (we have 21 groundwater professionals in total), you will help us address challenging issues including land use effects on water quality, sustainable groundwater allocation and the implementation of the Essential Freshwater programme.
The position requires strong people and leadership skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant post-graduate qualification with significant professional experience
- A strong understanding of groundwater processes, in terms of both quality and quantity, although applicants with experience in other disciplines will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in a team or project leader roles with demonstrated skills in people leadership and collaboration
- Great time management skills and a proven ability to triage and prioritise work programmes, combined with a flexible and agile approach – you will be adept at juggling multiple priorities
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety requirements including creating a health and safety culture within a team
- Understanding of and commitment to honouring tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
In return we offer you a chance to get your feet wet, while working with a fantastic and engaged team of professionals! Along with a collaborative, inclusive environment, great training and development opportunities, we also offer flexible working practices to support a work life/balance and a competitive benefits including life and income protection insurance.
Toitū te marae o Tāne, toitū te marae o Tangaroa, toitū te iwi – Taking action together to shape a thriving and resilient Canterbury, now and for future generations.
For further information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Carl Hanson, Groundwater Science Manager on 027 231 8494, [email protected].