General description of the position
Responsibilities : Under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director of pool desk and under the functional responsibility of the referent of the WASH Department, you will support field and HQ teams to ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of ACF interventions.
More particularly, you will be responsible for:
Provide contextual technical analysis to the pool desk and the missions on technical issues across the geographical area :
- Decline learning strategies on regional technical operation positioning, in collaboration with the Head of the regional office
Provide technical advice to the WASH Head of Department of the missions :
- Provide your technical expertise and advice the WASH Head of Department
- Provide your support on technical choices
- Propose a strategy of capitalization, appropriate tools and methods for its implementation
- Develop the partnership approach (local NGOs, private and academic sectors)
Promote and evaluate the technical quality of interventions in the missions :
- Contribute to the definition and updating of intervention strategies developed by the missions
- Disseminate internal technical standards and reference documents and accompany implementation
- Evaluate compliance with ACF technical standards through field visits and internal audits, produce recommendations to improve program performance
- Participate on the production of technical and operational articles, in collaboration with the regional communication officer
- Monitor performance and quality of programs
Develop the technical expertise of the field teams :
- Capitalize best practices developed on missions
- Propose innovative approaches and intervention methodologies to the missions
- Develop internal training modules and conduct training modules
- Organize and participate in regional technical workshops
Participate and influence the regional coordination of the WASH sector :
- Participate in regional technical platforms
- Develop local partnerships (private, public, NGO) to supplement local capacity
- Develop new methods of intervention, in line with ACF and other NGOs, appropriate to the Middle East region
Participate in the human resource management of the WASH sector :
- Ensure the role of functional reference of WASH Head of Department, assess their skills and needs for development
- Carry out technical recruitment interviews for expatriates
- Brief, train, and debrief expatriates
- Develop the recruitment for local experts
- Develop links with local academic institutions
Promote technical advances and contribute to the development of ACF expertise in the field :
- Participate in the development of reference materials on the sector
- Solicit other partners (NGOs, UN agencies, scientists in institutes, universities, …) to exchange documents and methodologies
- Analyze problems encountered in the field, propose research priorities for the missions and animate their thinking
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a bachelor degree in WASH (hydrology, hydrogeology, hydraulic and/or environment), you have at least 3 years of WASH humanitarian experience and 1 year at a coordination level. Field experience with ACF as well as knowledge of the pool desk’s countries would be a real asset. Rigorous and organized, you have good interpersonal skills and must be able to make decisions quickly while managing priorities. You work well in a team and are able to adapt to different situations and interlocutors.
Fluent French and English are required.
Specific conditions / Salary
Gross monthly salary is ranging from €1948 to €2498. Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, individual accommodation, health and repatriation insurances are covered by the organization. 5 weeks of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) are available per year.
Family status is possible.