Is a sense of purpose in your work, connection to the community and making a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment important to you?
At the Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) we’re looking for talented and like-minded people to join us and be part of our friendly, professional and committed team across our Adelaide, Albury-Wodonga, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura and Murray Bridge office locations.
Who are we:
The Murray-Darling Basin Authority is an independent, expertise based statutory agency responsible for planning the Murray-Darling Basin’s water resources, with all planning decisions made in the interest of the Basin as a whole. We hold important responsibilities for:
- prepare, implement and review an integrated plan for the sustainable use of the Basin’s water resources
- operate the River Murray system and efficiently deliver water to users on behalf of partner governments
- measure, monitor and record the quality and quantity of the Basin’s water resources
- supporting, encourage and conduct research and investigations about the Basin’s water resources and dependent ecosystems
- advise the Australian Government Minister for Water Resources on the accreditation of state water resource plans
- provide water rights information to facilitate water trading across the Basin
- engage and educate the Australian community about the Basin’s water resources.
Who we are looking for:
The MDBA is recruiting for EL1 and EL2 vacancies across our Adelaide, Albury-Wodonga, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura and Murray Bridge office locations.
We are looking for energetic and passionate people who have a range of skills and experience across the following capabilities:
- Adaptive Water Planning and Policy
- Aboriginal Partnerships
- Applied Science and Knowledge
- Asset Management
- Water Delivery
- Hydrological Analysis
- Water Management
- Communication and Engagement
- Program Management
- Business Services
At MDBA, we are committed to diversity and inclusion across our workforce, and in the way that we work. Through our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2019-2022, we recognise the importance of making the best use of the unique perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills across our regionalised organisation. We strive to create a workplace where our people flourish in a welcoming and culturally safe environment. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
A merit pool of suitable candidates will be established in order to fill ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies within a period of 12 months from the date of advertising. Suitable applicants may undergo additional selection activities to determine suitability for specific vacancies.
Relocation packages are available, and we are committed to a flexible and inclusive workplace that will suit you and your individual needs. Joining us means you will contribute your expertise as part of an agile working environment that offers an attractive salary package, including up to 15.4% superannuation. You will also be eligible to receive a wide range of employee benefits, support for flexible working arrangements and have excellent working conditions. We support the professional development of our people, and the chance to try new things across our variety of capabilities and work locations.
How to apply:
- See below to download the Position Description & Virtual Information Session details
- For more information please contact [email protected]
Tell me more:
It is easy to apply for a job at the MDBA. Go to www.mdba.gov.au/careers to read more about the type of people we are looking for, and what is expected of you. All you need to do is tell us what makes you the ideal candidate. Take the opportunity to work with the MDBA as we continue to make a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment.
Applications close 19 September, 2021.
EL1 Position description – el-1-various-positions-position-description-pdf
EL2 Position description – el-2-various-positions-position-description-pdf
Virtual Information Sessions – virtual-information-sessions-pdf