CAUTION: This is an Afghan national position (open to Male and Female candidates) NRC will only consider national applications.
The purpose of (WASH Technical Assistant) position is to execute all field WASH activates assigned by his or her supervisor such as beneficiary and water point selection, water point upgrading process motoring, distribution of hygiene kits, provision of hygiene promotion training and any other task related to project. Based on his/her supervisor’s instruction and need the employee has to be involved in implementation of all integrated projects.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the WASH portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own WASH as delegated.
- Responsible for organising and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
Specific responsibilities :
- Conduct WASH needs assessments.
- Conducting KAP surveys.
- Providing hygiene trainings on latrines use, safe drinking water, handwashing, personal and environmental hygiene.
- Plan and distribute the WASH /shelter In-kind items (Hygiene/water kits) to target beneficiaries.
- Ensure all work is carried out as per the community needs and project requirements.
- Monitoring of water and sanitation construction activities.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports to WASH Officer on project progress and work plan.
- Provide technical trainings on water point repairing to WASH target groups.
- Based on his/her supervisor’s instruction and need the employee has to be involved in implementation of all integrated projects.
- Any other official task assigned by his/her supervisor.
Note: If you wish to have more infromation about the job and NRC’s grade structure please clik on below links:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar community and WASH fields.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in local language.
- University degree in civil or construction Engineering.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
Generic professional competencies:
- Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging programme area.
- Excellent familiarity with cultural sensitivities, ethnic groups and security situation of Northern provinces especially Saripul province.
- Local languages.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.